pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Thursday, 10 May 2012

the quest for the perfect summer wedges



I love wedges for Summer, they're great for dressing up any outfit from floral dresses to jeans and a tee.  They're (hopefully!) more comfortable than normal heels, and I feel like I can get away with wearing them anywhere without looking overly dressed up...or dressed down, depending on the occasion.

Two Summers ago I bought these bad boys from River Island and they were ideal, admittedly I had a habit of falling over in them, but I blame the cider..not the shoes!  And yes, I am very aware that they are not actually wedges, but for some reason in my head I always think of them as being wedged heels, does anyone else ever do that with things, or is it just me?  Anyway, as much as I still love and wear these shoes I feel the time has come for a new pair of Summer sandals.  (This picture doesn't do them justice, they're much prettier in real life - and SO comfy!).


I've been on the hunt for the perfect pair for about 6 weeks now and have narrowed down my favourites for your viewing pleasures below:


1. Dune Glimmer D Gladiator Wedge - I've been eyeing these up for a while now as they're in the window of the Dune store that I walk past every morning  on my way to work.  I love these! But they are completely impractical for me, too high...sigh, but oh so pretty!  

2. ASOS Hail Leather Wedges - I just spotted these this morning, the bright colours are lovely and really bring Summer to mind.  I also like that the main part of the shoe is white, so I could wear with most things...but I'm looking for shoes that literally will go with any outfit, and think all these colours is just too much!

3.  Dune Geo D - T-Bar Cork Wedge Sandal  - Dune strikes again! I literally could have selected about 20 pairs off Dune, these fell into my top ten though so I thought they deserved some dedicated space on here.  My reserves with these ones...a little bit too, dare I say it, boring??


4. Topshop Walcott T Bar Leather Wedges - ahh Topshop, slowly weaning it's way back into my good books. They're white so good for all occasions, a reasonably sized heel, £45 so not too pricey...I'm yet to find a flaw!

5. New Look Brown Rapture Leather Strappy Wedge - Dark brown leather? I like.  A few studs? again I like. A good sized heel? Borderline. Price? £50.00 - it's not a bad price, but it's not a New Look price either...also I don't think they look like they're going to be uber comfy! And comfort is the key.


6. Zara Jute Wedge with Straps - Zara who can do no wrong at the moment! These beauts are unfortunately above my price range at £69.99, I know that's not unreasonable but I have other things to buy...like, dresses, make up, err more shoes!!


7. Office Water Gilly Wedge - And now for these little beauties.  Yesterday morning my email pinged with a newsletter from Office and these babies were smack bang in the middle! I LOVE them.  A colour that will match everything, perfect sized heel, £50.00 so affordable, and the best bit??? Office's social networker/media person/twitterer even informed me that they are REALLY comfortable.  I know where I'm heading after work tonight!

Have any you guys found any summer sandals that may be even better than any of the above? Let me know, there's still time for me to change my mind....


all about the girl
xx

10 comments :

  1. Love the Asos hail wedges so cute!
    Following you, great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) and yep the ASOS ones are fab! xx

      Delete
  2. I adore the first pair!!

    http://itsnotjustanotherfashionblog.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, if they weren't so high I'd definitely consider them but pretty sure I'd break my ankle! xx

      Delete
  3. i love the wedges! def mine kind of shoes.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the topshop ones and the first pair of dune heels that you posted because they're such a gorgeous colour! Not that I could walk in them though, I'd fall over all the time! xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The asos heels are lush! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love wedges, so easy to walk in! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Office Water Gilly Wedge <3!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...