pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Wednesday, 6 June 2012

birthday jubilee party outfit post



As you all know as I've only mentioned it 67 times, it was my birthday on Sunday but as we were travelling back from our hols I decided to celebrate on Monday instead.  To tie in with all the Jubilee celebrations I decided to have a few friends round for a 'Jubilee' buffet, and then on to the pub for some drinks, and so I thought I'd share with you my birthday outfit.

I really wanted this dress after first seeing Ellie then Vicki in it, as you may, or may not know, I love yellow clothes, especially dresses and this one was just too cute.  Then I saw some of the other girls from the Project Take 10 Challenge also wearing it, and I knew it had to be mine!  All of them, despite their  different shapes, sizes, hair colour and style looked good in it so I knew it was a winner.  As my birthday was coming up I made a subtle hint to the boy, and the next thing I know I was opening it up on Sunday. Ok, ok I admit it, I may have sent him an email with the link to the dress and said 'If you haven't thought of all my presents yet, I'd really like this dress'!

Ideally I would have liked to have styled it with brown brogues but I don't actually own any (what is that about?!) so I just had to make do with what I had in my wardrobe, and here is the final result:


 


2. Necklace / Watch - Urban Outfitters
3. Bag - Yumi

I tried to stick to a slight Jubilee theme in my outfit, the Queen loves wearing yellow, right? And, check out my London bag! I love this bag, it was a birthday present two years ago but it only comes out now for special occasions.  I used it a bit too much when I first got it and now it's slightly falling to pieces, sad times :(  And finally, the necklace, another birthday present from the boy, which he selected himself...talk about good taste!

And look, the Queen even came to my party :)

I'm planning on doing another post later in the week to show off the rest of my birthday presents, I haven' had them all yet because of the double bank holiday :( 

Hope you all had good Jubilee weekends and made the most of two extra days off.  Today I have mainly been eating, and watching TV, standard right?!

all about the girl
xx

26 comments :

  1. Such a beautiful outfit! I love your Birthday tea party - I hope you had a fabulous day.

    I'm following :)
    xxx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous. That dress is really nice :)

    Xox Soph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute dress, yellow is a great colour for summer! Sounds like you had a great birthday! x

    missjaynebecca.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh I love your dress! It is really summery and cute!



    www.palindromepopppet.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely print! hope you had a fun weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it?! I feel I should really have been flying a kite for this post! I had a great weekend, thank you :) xx

      Delete
  6. Ah you really suit the lemon!!! I always stat away from lemon thinking that i cant get away with it what with the blond hair et all….you may have made me re-consider!xx Ps Henry Hollands a brit designer….so tech that gives you extra queen points ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh good point, totally rocking the Jubilee :) I just wear yellow whether I suit it or not just because I love the colour! You should give it a go xx

      Delete
  7. This dress is gorgeous on you! Perfect party food too, yum!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. This dress is absolutely perfecttttt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dress is lovely! Love your colourful bunting and special guest too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the dress, you look gorgeous in it x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the comments on my dress peeps, glad you all love it as much as me :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. aw you look lovely darlin' - happy birthday for sunday ;) bit late, but better late than never?!
    your holiday post down below looks beautiful too, slightly jealous! hope you had a great time :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your dress is so so pretty, it complements your blonde hair perfectly :)

    By the way I am holding a great giveaway, check it out here...

    http://fashion-nerdette.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/celebrating-over-200-followers-giveaway.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dress is so cute! <3

    www.werockfashiontoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That dress is gorgeous! I love Henry Holland! Might have to go try this on :)
    Hope you had a wonderful birthday!
    Nic
    xo
    Isayimposterista.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never been a huge fan of yellow but your dress is so pretty and you look lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey.
    I found you through the #bbloggers chat and I've got to say I love your blog and that outfit. You look amazing :)
    If you would be so kind as to come and look at mine I'd be very grateful, its ateeniebitofthisandthat.blogspot.co.uk

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this dress, it really suits you - the colour is gorgeous!

    Oh and I'm the magical 350 too ;)

    Lindsey x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahhh! You are too cute! And I'm dying laughing over here that the Queen made an appearance at your party... Hilarious!! :) Fantastic outfit and love your hairstyle too!

    xoxo, Blair

    http://loveblair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh that dress is gorgeous! Did the Queen arrive in from a Helicopter?! Haha :)

    http://togsmustbeworn.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous dress, sounds like you had a great day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. You looked gorgeous! The dress is beautiful and suits you really well! X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your dress. you're gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...