pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Tuesday, 19 June 2012

sprinkle of glitter's 7 things in 7 days



Feeling inspired by Sprinkle of Glitter’s 7 things in 7 days post, I decide to join in and create my own.  Now I can’t promise I’m actually going to do this, and I’m going to set myself a one month target than one week, but I’m hoping by putting it out there, on the internet for all to see, I might feel a bit more motivated.  So here we go:

1. Complete the 30 Day Challenge - If you follow me on Twitter, you’ll know that last weekend I did a workout, as in a fitness workout, a 12 minute ‘Body Rock’ workout to be precise.  Now you might think that 12 minutes doesn’t sound like much, but OMG, it was more than enough.  And my lack of fitness was revealed when Monday – Wednesday following I could barely walk, by the Friday things were a little better, but stairs and sitting down were still an issue.  The workout I did was just a fitness test, I then have to complete a workout every day for 30 days, and re-do the fitness test at the end.  So far, I’ve done it three times (I had to rule out the first week as I couldn’t move), and now I’m going to aim to complete it by this time next month.  There, I’ve said it!

2.    Learn how to blow dry my hair, properly – this one kind of speaks for itself, if you read my latest Trend on Trial post you’ll know that when it comes to blow drying my hair, I blast it in 10 minutes and it’s done.  It’s not a question of time or speed, it’s all I can do, but I want luscious, bouncy locks and in one months time, I hope to have perfected them.

3. Cook more meals I’ve never cooked before – I enjoy cooking, I don’t know if I’d say I’m good at it, but I can follow a recipe and it comes out alright but I/we (me and the boy) are completely stuck in a meal rut, and eat the same meals over and over.  I want to start being more experimental and try out new things..tonight we’re having, wait for it, spaghetti Bolognese! This task doesn’t officially start till tomorrow.

4.  Brave the outside for my outfit posts – I love other people’s outfit posts that are taken outside, but for some reason the thought of this terrifies me, every week I think this will be the week I brave the great outdoors.  But I don’t have a garden, which means I have to go into a public space and pose, ahh! I have a beautiful big park right opposite my house and I know it would make the perfect backdrop…so watch this space.

5.  Finally make a decision between this skirt…and this skirt.  I asked Twitter, I asked the boy, I asked Facebook, I asked my mum, and I asked my wonderful blog readers.  The majority said the first one, my mum and the boy both said the second…I’m going to take the plunge and actually purchase one, then take a picture of me in it..outside!

6. Be more confident – this month work are sending me on a business trip, yes a trip where I meet clients, and I’m sh*tting myself!  I find it easy to hide behind emails (and blogs, and twitter) and I’ll chat like I’m your best friend, but in reality put me in a social situation where I don’t know anyone and I’m really shy.   Even the prospect of a blogger event fills me with nerves, and I’d really like to overcome that.

7.  And finally, host a blog giveaway – keep your eyes peeled, I may have one in the pipeline!

I hope I’ve inspired some of you to do the same, and I welcome any tweets or comments, general acknowledgements or words of wisdom to keep my motivated, me and motivation don’t always get along (especially when it comes to exercise!) so I need the help of you lovely lot. 

Have any of you set your 7 goals? I’d love to hear them, and hopefully help you along the way too.

all about the girl
xx

5 comments :

  1. I love this idea and doing it in one month is realistic.

    I'm with you on meal rut thing, i'm always making spaghetti bol, lol, i have cookbooks dying to be used.

    good luck with your bushiness trip, I'm completed the same in real life hehe!

    and as for outfit pictures outside, go for it, how people do it in public busy streets i have no idea - I've not go that adventurous yet - I've got my back garden to hide in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this list- I need to learn to dry my hair properly too and take photos outside!:)xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue maxi skirt best!! I hate being forced to choose one though - Get both and send one back? Dangerous haha x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, keep positive and I hope you achieve the things you want to x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. ive also just starting bloging as well!

    hope to see you on my blog :)

    Figure Of Chic.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...