pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Monday, 30 July 2012

silhouette 'hold the look' competition - zooey deschanel

I was lucky enough to be one of the bloggers who tweeted Immediate PR fast enough to enter their Silhouette 'Hold the Look' competition.  The challenge is to re-create a celebrity style using three products from the new Schwarzkopf range.

I immediately knew that I was going to re-create Zooey Deschanel's retro 70's 'do'.  As you may or may not know she is my number one girl (I would either like to be her, or be her best friend, that's totally normal right?!).  And, I love her hair, she is the reason I always cut my fringe back in whenever I'm having thoughts about growing it out.
























I also figured it was going to be much easier to re-create to look of a celebrity with a fringe, than attempt to make my fringe do anything out of the ordinary (see this post for evidence!).  I assumed this was going to be quite an easy look to achieve, oh how wrong I was.  Luckily I had the Schwarzkopf products to hand which stopped my hair going flat every time I bent down to pick my comb up!


I started by using the Silhouette Colour Brilliance Mousse on towel-dried hair, and rough dried my hair.  This mousse helps to hold volume so I knew I was going to need this.

I then sectioned my hair and started curling 1 inch sections of my hair using my straighteners (talk about an oxymoron!)  In between each layer I gave it a good blast of the Silhouette Brilliance Hairspray, to hold the curls in place and stop them dropping too quickly.

I then backcombed, backcombed and backcombed (I don't think I'll ever get a brush through my hair again) until the roots were nice and lifted a la Zooey.


I then teased out the curls a bit, attempted various different bouffants (for a good twenty minutes) and eventually put a hair band on and gave my hair a good spray all over with the Silhouette Color Brilliance Extreme Gloss Spray, which was perfect for finishing the look off and making it more smooth and sleek than matte and dry.


 So there you have it, my Zooey inspired retro curls.  Keeping everything crossed that I win, but if not I've found a new hairstyle that I think I'm going to start rocking.

all about the girl
xx

34 comments :

  1. This really suits you, and your hair looks so lovely and shiny!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh thanks, so glad you said that because I always think my hair looks really dry when I curl it :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love this babe. I too am a zooey deschanel lover! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love her wardrobe too, she always looks so perfect! :)

      Delete
  3. You look gorgeous! The hairstyle looks really good on you. You did a great job!

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, wish it hadn't taken me so long so I could do it more often!! xx

      Delete
  4. I really love Zooey too - I'm addicted to New Girl. Your hair looks amazing!

    Little White Rose

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New Girl is AMAZING, I can't understand people that say they don't like it?! xx

      Delete
  5. It looks amazing! I laughed so bad at the picture with the clips, mind you my hair looks like that most of the time! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I deliberated for a long time over putting it up, but glad I did!! If you can't laugh at yourself and all that...
      xx

      Delete
  6. it looks good, hope u win :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This look is absolutely stunning, theres times i wish i could have a fringe.

    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm glad I kept my fringe, I always miss it when it grows out! xx

      Delete
  8. Lovely hairstyle, Good luck with the competition
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm keeping everything crossed! xx

      Delete
  9. That looks lovely! youve got niceee hair x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's just lovely! Your hair colour is beautiful too! xx

    myprettymummy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, glad you think so :) xx

      Delete
  11. OMG that is alot of work for a seemingly natural looking style...think it actually looks better on you than on Zooey!!!

    http://toxylicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww *blushes* but yep it was a long time, but that's only because I didn't really know what I was doing?! xx

      Delete
  12. Zooey D is the best! I wish I was her! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Me too! Or just be her best mate, then I could have access to all her clothes too xx

      Delete
  13. Love it! I've always loved her hair!! It looks gorgeous on you too! Xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous look! love it, love zooey too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this look!! (and we love Zooey too!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your hair is beautiful!! x

    jodieolivia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love zooey deschanel and her hair! The style looks lovely on you x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...