pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Saturday, 14 July 2012

ultimate holiday hair competition



There wasn't a Trend on Trial in this week's Stylist magazine, so I made a last minute decision to enter Beauty Junkie's ghd blogger competition.  And when I say last minute, I really mean last minute...the competition ends tomorrow!!

So to enter, you have to create your holiday hair style and explain why and what you used.  For me, holiday hair is all about relaxed styles that are easy to create.  You never want a severe hairstyle while you're enjoying yourself in the sun, for me it's all about the boho beach look.
























To achieve this look using ghd products, I would start by spritzing my hair with Hair Protection Spray (obviously very important to protect your hair before you blow dry!), and then rough dry my hair using the ghd hair dryer.  You definitely don't need your hair to be perfectly styled for this look, and you can even leave it to dry naturally. 

I then used straighteners over my fringe just to keep it looking sleek, and started on the upside down french plait going from right to left.  A final coating of Final Fix Hairspray and ta-day there you have it.


I then pulled a few strands of hair loose to soften the look around my face, and added to gold hairband to give it a bit of holiday bling, and that's my holiday hairstyle.
The whole look probably took me about 20 minutes, and if you're hair is already dry then it would take just a couple.  Perfect for holiday, because the last thing you want to do is spending half an hour with a hot hairdryer attempting to achieve the perfect blow dry.  

So what do you think? Good enough to win the competition? I hope so, I forgot to mention there's £250 worth of ghd goodies up for grabs so I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed.  

What's your go-to holiday hair style? And have any of you entered this competition? I'd love to see your entries!

all about the girl
xx

P.S. I took these photos myself as the boy wasn't round, hence why some of them are at really dodgy angles!  Also, I am wearing clothes...honest!!

24 comments :

  1. love what you did with your hair. it's so neat. my mom can't even do this to my hair :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I was an awkward teenager so used to be spend saturday mornings endlessly plaiting my hair till I had it perfect, haha :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love this look, very simple and chic. I'm rubbish at plaits though :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) think I'll have to start wearing my hair like this more often after all the lovely comments I've had xx

      Delete
  3. I love this hair! Its so neat and pretty. I never have the patience to french braid my hair, so my holiday style is down and wavy (courtesy of my Babyliss curling wand) :)
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I think I need to buy a curling wand, I rely on my straighteners for curls, and they never quite work how I want :) xx

      Delete
  4. This is such a pretty style x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :), by the way, I featured your black wedges in my weekend wishlist after you posted the pic on twitter :) xx

      Delete
  5. hey that was so gorgeous, i love your blog
    lets follow each others blog, i hope we can be friends :)

    rheapunya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great styling, I am growing my hair but it isn't long enough to do this with :( Hopefully by next summer I will be able to give beach hairstyles a go!

    Karys x
    whoisgrumblebeard.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I hate trying to grow my hair, think it's taken me about 3 years to get mine this length :( keep at it though, definitely better for holiday hair :)
      xx

      Delete
  7. I love this style, oddly enough i am looking for inspiration for bridesmaid hair, for me and i quite like this….maybe could somehow twist it in to a plaity bun…hmmm. Aaanyway, i love this! Plus, i reckon if you did it to slightly damp hair, you could unfasten it later and just salt spray it, for a super beachy look. I like how it looks quite an effort but isnt.

    Shut up i know lol. Have a lovely weekend my dear xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Sally I love your comments, you could definitely twist the end into a bun, easy :) and yeah I bought salt spray just yesterday to try and work the beachy look, fingers crossed it works :)
      xx

      Delete
  8. Love love love it~

    xoxo
    Mishelle
    http://www.quietadreamer.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so jealous that you can make your hair this pretty - I'm the worst at making any hairstyles!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's weird, I find things like this really easy to do, but I can't blow dry it to save myself :) xx

      Delete
  10. Major hair envy here! Wish i could make my locks look so lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy hotcakes, I don't think I'd ever have the patience/ hair quality to accomplish this haha! Looks fab.

    SIDEWALKCATWALKS.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, love this comment :) I actually find plaits really easy, took me about 3 mins to do this, I'm just rubbish at drying my hair properly!

      Delete
  12. Congrats on winning the GHD comp :) - lovely hairstyle xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love love this hairstyle!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...