After Friday's post on Edie Sedgwick, I decided to do a weekend wishlist inspired by her style. I thought it would also be quite fitting as this is a trend that looks like we may be seeing more of, judging by Topshop's latest 'Factory Girl' collection.
I love the look, it's very classic and timeless, and so simple to achieve. In fact, I might empty my wardrobe and start again sticking to this type of style.
1. I am a big fan of hats, and this floppy number is so chic. Plus it's Biba so Edie probably even owned her own Biba version!
2. Of course, this bag is taken from their latest collection and of course I want it, need I say more?
3. Ok, I know that I rave about Dahlia all the time, but this was genuinely a coincidence. I searched for 'black shift dress' on ASOS, and this came up, and it's perfect. I could definitely imagine Edie wearing this forty years ago, and I would really rather like to wear it now.
4. She was well known for rocking the breton stripe, and I'm sure she would have worn this with her staple black tights!
5. Now I have no idea what Edie would have worn on her feet, knee high boots maybe? But these sandals are too cute, I want a pair and I'm pretty sure she would have done too.
6. Again, she was known for her chandelier earrings, I on the other hand am not a chandelier earring type, so instead I compromised. These earrings have a very art deco 60s feel about them, so it would have been rude not to include them, right?
7. And finally, how perfect is this trench? Too bad it's only available in petite, but I love the fur collar and the green shade. Another Edie classic.
So do you think I've managed to perfect the Edie look? Anything I've missed that should have been added? And are you going to embrace the Factory Girl style? I know I am!