pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Wednesday, 15 August 2012

house of fraser - blogger style challenge

So, I decided to enter the House of Fraser Style Blogger Challenge, the challenge? Create a 'key look for next season'.  As a fan of Edie Sedgwick and giving a nod to the swinging sixties (a key trend for Autumn/Winter 2013), I put together a 'Quintessentially British' (you know I love that term!) inspired outfit.

I spotted this Boutique by Jaeger dress first, and knew it was just perfect.  It was like the 'muse' to the rest of my outfit.  And the great thing about it is that it's just so versatile, I could imagine wearing it to so many different occasions.  

I then spotted the Mary Portas coat, you can get much more in keeping with a 60's theme than a classic oversized coat.  I knew the red would like great against the black and white dress too.

And now time to accessorise.  I wanted to keep it simple, not too much colour as I was already working with red, black and white, so the tan leather seemed like just the accent colour I was looking for.  Again, I wanted to keep the 60's feel to it so chose the Pied a Terre heeled brogues and Dune 'doctors bag'.

And finally, I wanted to complete the look with a hint of fun, that those 'swinging' years are so well known for.  The dot tights looked fabulous with the black and white dress, and I couldn't complete it without these cats eye Gucci sunglasses.

Now if only I had the money to buy this outfit myself... 

What do you think? Will you be rocking the mod look next Season? I know I will!

all about the girl 
xx

10 comments :

  1. Oh wow, I would absolutely wear this outfit! I'm especially loving the handbag and shoes. Erm, and coat. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute outfit! I think the tights and sunglasses make it look fun rather than stuffy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tights are super cute x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have nominated you for the sunshine award...find out what to do shimmerofpink.blogspot.com :)
    laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that dress, the bows are such a cute touch!
    Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a beautiful outfit for next season! Would definitely wear this! I really hope everything goes great with the challenge! You have a great sense of style and definitely deserve to win! :)
    Good luck!

    Love,
    Marielisa
    Primp & Wear - http://primpandwear.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those tights! I really want some spotty tights for winter xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh this is such a lovely look! Those tights are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooohh I LOVE the dress and polkadot tights!! Fabulous taste hun

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...