pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Thursday, 30 August 2012

q&a with wishwishwish

A while ago I did a q&a with a fave blogger of mine, Sara from Saraluxe, a mere 4 months later I decided to do another one, and in fact I'd really like to make it a regular feature.  I love reading these type of posts, and hear more from our favourite bloggers, and so I hoped you would too.

So in honour of that, here is Q&A number two, with Carrie from wishwishwish.  I picked Carrie because she is a real inspiration to me, her blog is the first (British) blog I ever discovered, way before I really understood what blogs were, and she is one of the reasons I decided to finally give it a go myself.  

I also love Carrie's style (she has some of the most beautiful vintage inspired dresses), and her blog is like one big daydream, nostalgic, whimsical, and just...well, perfect.  

Anyway, I felt Carrie's blog was on the opposite end of the spectrum to Sara's (stylistically) and yet they are both so great in their own ways, and both doing so successfully.  I wanted these Q&A's to be a little bit of a helping hand to us newbies, and so hopefully you'll gain some good advice as I have!

So here you go: Q&A with Carrie


1. When and why did you decide to start blogging?
I started blogging back in 2008 when I was just 17 - I had plenty of time on my hands and had always blogged in some form or another, so it seemed like a natural progression.

2. What would you like to do for a living (if Wish magazine doesn't become a full time career) and will your blog help contribute to that?
Blogging for a living would be the dream. But I have to be realistic! I'm currently in limbo after graduating from university, so have been on the hunt for suitable positions. 


3. How would you describe your style? (I'd one day love to raid your wardrobe!)
It's vintage-inspired, girly, and with any luck, animal-themed (my favourite things are my Charlotte Olympia Kitty flats and my Vivetta cat skirt!)

4. Where do you get your inspiration from for fashion, blogging and just in general?
Anywhere and everywhere. It's so easy to be inspired with all the imagery we take in each day on the internet. Pinterest plays a big part!

5. What do you think it is about your blog that people love so much, and made it so successful?  For me, I think your pictures are stunning and I love the way you write.
The age-old question! I'd like to think a mixture of the personality behind the blog as well as the care and attention I put in to each post! 

6. Do you have any tips / wise words for new bloggers such as myself?
I do everything by instinct - if a post isn't as good as it should be, I won't post it. I wouldn't work with any brand if it didn't feel 100% right either. If blogging is a huge effort, then you probably shouldn't be doing it - you have to love what you're doing to have any success with it!


7. What has been your highlight so far through blogging?
The friends that I've made and the places I've been able to visit as a result!

8.  What one fashion item couldn't you live without?
Already mentioned them, but deffo my Charlotte O Kitty shoes. I'm so smitten with them.

9. Bloggers seem to be having a massive influence on fashion and society today, how does that make you feel knowing your blog could have such an impact?
It's crazy, isn't it? I wrote my dissertation on the topic, and I could talk about it forever with my blogging friends. The industry is finally taking an interest, and that's amazing.

10.  And finally, me and 'the boy' are going to Cornwall in Summer and I've finally persuaded him to come back via Somerset so we can pop to the Mulberry outlet shop...your influence, so firstly can you please avoid going that week and stealing all the good stuff...and secondly, any recommendations for while I'm there?
Ooh! Lucky you - Cornwall is beautiful. Fortunately for you I don't have the funds for any Mulberry splurges! But make sure to check out the outlets neighbouring shops at Kilver Court, they have Orla Kiely and Aubin & Wills outlets there too! 


Unfortunately the Mulberry shop was an unsuccessful trip for me, so I'll just have to keep saving the pennies.

I hope you all love Carrie as much as me, and maybe some day we can all join her for afternoon tea (one of her favourite pastimes I believe!).  Now where's my beret, I need to see if I can start rocking them like Carrie!

all about the girl
xx

7 comments :

  1. Lovely post - I enjoy Carrie's blog so nice to read about her inspiration and to get some great blogging tips from an expert. Great idea for a post! Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great! she is such an inspirational blogger and her imagery and style is impeccable. i loved this questionnaire you did with her.

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these Q and A's, Carrie is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how this was written and so cute you want a tea shop and I really hope you get it !!! I follow you now
    www.imitationisthegreatestformofflattery.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my, these images are all so lovely! great inspiration :] xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love her blog, it was one of my very first reads too….now the list is endless…. :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surprised by very expensive price of prom dresses and wedding dresses in various shops? You want to buy these dresses with high quality and cheap price? provides you a good choice.wdress jjshouse wedding dress reviews
    http://www.wdress.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...