pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Thursday, 9 August 2012

style inspiration: millie mackintosh

I thought it was about time I did another 'style inspiration' post, and in keeping with the 'Made in Chelsea' theme (the last one I posted was on Rosie Fortescue) I thought it would be rude not to dedicate this one to Millie Mackintosh.

Millie has really proved herself in the style stakes, it also helps that she has legs that go on forever (I'm not bitter, not at all!) which means she can pull off pretty much everything she puts on.  I reckon she'd even look good in a bin bag! But this girl knows fashion, she braved leather shorts on the red carpet (a daring move) and she rocked them, and she can wear orange like no-one else.

I'm not ashamed to say I searched high and low for the yellow Zara jacket she was sported wearing in one episode of MIC...I never did get my hands on it.  I also stalked her on Twitter for a while til she revealed where the dusty pink lace dress she wore in one particular episode was from, just for the record, it was from H&M, I found it, I tried it...I didn't look like Millie in it.

And if that isn't enough, you have may have noticed I've featured Zara Taylor jewellery a few times in my 'weekend wishlists', well Millie is regularly seen sporting Zara's designs...a girl after my own heart.  Essentially, what I'm trying to say is that someone should give just me her wardrobe (a few sizes bigger though please), so if anyone can arrange that I'd very much appreciate it.

And here's just a few of my favourite looks of hers:

1. Found here - denim jacket with leather sleeves, I want one please.
2. Found here - I could never pull off orange like this, but how amazing are those wedges?
3. Found here - again, me and leather trousers would never happen but with legs like hers why wouldn't you!
4. Found here - maxi skirt, crop top? errm, yep maybe I did replicate that look here.
5. Found here - the perfect black dress.

I'm thinking of making the 'style inspiration' posts a bit  more regular, thoughts? And if I do, any suggestions of who should be featured?  

all about the girl 
xx


P.S. And does anyone know when Made in Chelsea is going to be back on our screens? I'm missing my weekly fix!

15 comments :

  1. I love Millie - she's so good with makeup too!xx

    teacuptoast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, her make up always looks lovely, I've been checking out her blog for tips! xx

      Delete
  2. She does look gorgeous and its so effortless! I have never gotten into Made In Chelsea but I can see why other people get so addicted!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH you should watch it, it's amazing!! xx

      Delete
  3. I love her too, and yes, damn her legs, mine could do with a good stretch to get anywhere near that length!! And ha this made me laugh as i searched high and low for the pale pink dress she wore, it was at a tea party or something i think….i also did not look like millie lol. I was also amazed it was just H&M….serious fashion point earnt!!!

    Love this post xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, glad you searched for it too! It was really short on me? And she must be like 3 inches taller than me??? I wish it had looked good though, so lovely! :( sad times xx

      Delete
  4. Millie is seriously stylish! I like the idea of a style inspiration post more often :D I love reading about what influences other people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks, I'll try and keep them up then :) and it's great rooting through pictures of them to find out the best outfits!! xx

      Delete
  5. Hey,
    Have you done a Zooey style inpiration post yet?
    Forgive me if I'm behind the times.
    Just loved your Zooey hair post but she also a great style icon.

    Great post about Millie.

    Thanks

    YP
    x

    yorkshirepud123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no I haven't...but I will :) I love her outfits and style so much! xx

      Delete
  6. She really is such a babe! :) Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!

    My name is Eric Nilsson and i work as a modelscout in sothern Europe!

    I think you look great and you should really think about doing some modeling.

    Visit http://niceorhot.com and give it a try. There are a lot of modeling agencys who looks for the next big thing in there.

    Best regards Eric

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i love this post!
    really good!
    Love the blog btw, so great, you have amazing taste!
    Could you please check mine out please?
    would be an honour!
    Itsfashiondamnit.blogspot.com
    thanks so much! keep up the good work!
    Lottie
    <3
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks so much, I'll definitely check out your blog :) xx

      Delete
  9. Love Millie and MIC, I miss it so much! Love your blog :) new follower :)

    Check out mine at: www.hemlinesandholdups.blogspot.com

    Heidi x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...