pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Saturday, 18 August 2012

stylist's trend on trial, trialled: blue eyeshadow

This week's Trend on Trial is blue eyeshadow.  Now, there's a reason I have endless eyeshadow palettes with the blue shadows fully intact, never touched.  I dabbled with blue eyeshadow as a young teenager, and there is another reason I've never since dabbled.  And finally, there's a reason blue eyeshadow belongs in the Eighties!

It's safe to say, this was another trend I was not looking forward to trialing.  Despite what Joanna says, I do not believe I am radiating Summer with this look.  I wholeheartedly believe that no-one looks good in sky blue eyeshadow (deep blue however is different!), and I apologise to anyone reading this who may be a regular blue eyeshadow wearer.  

So without further ado, here are the photos:
























Without wanting to look too much like a painted lady I ensured that there was no pink on my face, no blusher, no pink lips, I did not want to re-create high school days.  You can see I also forgoed my beloved black eyeliner.  I'm not going to lie, that was partly because I knew I was immediately going to take this off once this post was published, and I didn't want to waste time applying the perfect sweep of black.


I think you can tell it's fairly obvious I didn't like this look.  But I'd love to hear what you think? And I'm more than happy to be proved otherwise, so if you are a blue eyeshadow fan then let me know!

all about the girl
xx 

P.S. Looking at these pictures I realise I really need my haircut, if anyone would like to come and sort it out for me I can pay you in cups of tea and maybe even a chocolate digestive?

8 comments :

  1. I think it looks lovely on you! =) Really suits you, i did a blue eyeshadow post 2 weeks ago =)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it looks good on u because you have a great skin color! x

    thenuliya.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny, I've just done a post on eyeshadows and the only one I have said I was unsure about was blue too! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually think it really suits you! I can see why people hate it. I really love a blue sixties-esque eye, even though I can't really pull it off! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My makeup collection is full of untouched blues too, I find its really hard to pull off especially with blue eyes. On the very rare occasion I go for blue now its a black smokey eye with just a hint of blue to brighten it. I think you did a great job though, its definitely wearable even if it's not your favourite look x

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks good. but maybe u applied it too much.
    and i think some dark blue would be better with ur eyes!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. postingan yang bagus tentang stylist's trend on trial, trialled: blue eyeshadow

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...