pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Tuesday, 16 April 2013

I am a homeowner...almost

Life lately has been a little chaotic to say the least, and it's going to get more so, but I can't complain, the boy and I have bought a house.  Yes, a real, whole house.  Which means you're much more likely to find me perusing the aisles of Next Home these days, than spending my Saturday's in Topshop.

I'm not complaining, we've been a pair of boring old farts for the last few years, saving all of our pennies for this very day, and how excited am I! But for you lot, it means my blog may now be filled with pictures of cutlery, crockery and all things house. 

But from this moment forth, I am making a pledge to get back into my blogging routine, although for the time being there is still going to be a lot less outfit and beauty posts because I am temporarily separated from my willing photographer.  So instead, I'm going to be waffling about my new house...I hope one doesn't mind.

The plan is to eventually show you some before and after pictures, although the house doesn't need much decoration we have decided to do some, just to make it feel like ours...and I'll drip feed you some teasers with our plans...

First, the Dining Room:

This was the room I was least interested in, but we've since decided that we're going to make it a Dining Room-cum-Music-y-Room! Yeah, that well known room...the Music-y Room.  We both love music, who doesn't, but the boy is a real keen singer-songwriter, so this is going to be the room where we keep a couple of his guitars, I'm thinking either side of the fireplace, all our CD's, and other music related paraphernalia.

But not only is he a musician, he can paint...(don't you just hate those people who get all the talents while you're with none?) so in prime position above said fireplace we'll be showing off his Beatles artwork.


Then on another wall, we're thinking a wall of framed album covers...kinda like these, but I feel ours will probably look much less cool:


And I'd like some really cool lighting...maybe something like this:
3. Next

But now I'm just getting carried away...I guess a dining room really needs a dining table!

So I hope you don't mind my home related posts, but the reality is, it's all I'm going to be thinking about for the next few months...I'd appreciate your comments and suggestions though :)

all about the girl
xx

8 comments :

  1. That's exciting, Hope your loving having your own little house, I love reading about people's home finds and decorating tips so I'm looking forward to all of your posts :)
    Rosalie x
    rosaliejayne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaah how exciting!!! I am very jealous!!! It looks beautiful too - i bet you cant wait xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations! we're a couple of years off buying a home but I'm already so excited... being able to have a dog, put things on the walls, change light fixtures... so much freedom!
    I love home-y stuff so post away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That's such exciting news. Can't wait to see how you decorate, I love these kinds of posts!
    L x

    Whimsical Nothings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hat lights are amazing! so cuuute!

    Chloe X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! We bought our own home last year and I love it :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations darling!
    I love home posts, so it will thrill me dearly :). Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new home, very exciting. A place of your own, your now going to get all homemaker on us lol. I do love those first set of lights. It's nice to make an inspirational pin boards for your rooms xo

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...