pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Tuesday, 10 December 2013

a winter wonderland...m&s style

I've always been one of those massively annoying people that loves Christmas, from crazy Christmas Shoppers, the smell of Christmas coffees, and the all important Coca-Cola advert!  I even count down the days until the red cups arrive in Starbucks, but that's more because I can't resist a Gingerbread Latte.

But one rule I stand firmly by, is that your house should not be filled with Christmas decorations until (at the very least) the 1st December.

Decorating the house this year was going to be even more exciting, it's the first year for me and the boy in our own home.  And meticulous planning was going into this day, from our breakfast, to picking a tree, to making chocolate crispie cakes (a weird festive ritual for me and him).  So when Marks and Spencer contacted me asking if I would like to take part in their Christmas Challenge to decorate a room in my house from their Christmas Shop I absolutely jumped at the chance...If we'd already our tree, I'd have rocked around it!

With it being our first Christmas living in our own place together, we didn't already own any decorations, other than a few piece cobbled together (e.g. stolen from the 'rents) we needed to buy everything.  I was literally like a kid in a candy shop in M&S, and pretty much squealed at every Christmas item.

I wanted to turn our living room into a Winter Wonderland, and so we decided to decorate with white and silver to match the blue colours that are already in the room.

So just to give you the full effect...here's a couple of before pictures:
After:
Our very own Winter Wonderland
1234. 5. 6. 

A cute snow globe, some white lights in vases, a silver decorative Christmas tree, a pine cone garland and some LED Silver Twigs adds a bit of sparkle to our fireplace. 
1. 2. 3. 4

Beautiful delicate baubles make our Christmas tree look  beautiful, but a fir tree scented candle makes our room smell like Christmas too!
And with a roaring fire...I never want to leave our Winter Wonderland full of 'Magic and Sparkle' again! 

2 comments :

  1. Ahhh it looks so Christmassy!
    My Mum always had the most gorgeous Christmas tree when I was little, everything was red & gold and my presents were always in a vintage wooden sleigh next to the fire! :)

    Kerys | Little Bo Blab
    -xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tree bark candle! Candles are my favourite but I love nature too so it's the best of both worlds! :) x x

    http://www.curiouser-and-curiouser.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...