pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Wednesday, 27 January 2016

the challenge: week 4 - strong not skinny

Previously, in my life, probably aged between 16 and 30 (basically up until 6 months ago) I’d always wanted to be slim, I probably even envied the bodies of girls you would describe as skinny.  But with a healthy chocolate habit, a dislike of vegetables and a complete lack of interest in exercise, I was never going to be one of the girls.  Plus, I’d always managed to sustain a size 10 – 12 in clothes without huge amounts of effort.  That’s not to say I just ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted, but I didn't really make conscious efforts not to eat things (does that make any sense?).

However nowadays I've become much more enviable of girls with athletic, lean and toned builds.  You will have seen in my last post that I gave Chloe Madeley a shout out, seriously that girl is looking hot!! I also find that I follow more and more fitness and exercise related pages on Instagram, and I find I'm much more aspiring to that muscular (not to be read as body builder) physique.  So, in conjunction with my running and training, I'm going to be focusing a bit more on my own build, and toning up.  I would love more than anything to have toned abs, that’s the stuff that dreams are made of.  If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you’ll know I caved into the  media frenzy and bought the Lean in 15 Cookbook, so as of Monday I'm now focusing on meals with more protein.  I can already see a very slight definition in my stomach, however there’s a little podge of fat I need to get rid of first so I'm hoping the running will help with that.

I'm also starting to think about taking protein powder but I'm a bit confused about how and when? I'm concerned that if I don’t exercise enough to burn it off, I'm just going to put on weight? If I do a 45 minute circuits class is that enough to warrant a protein shake? Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

I know I'm never going to look like any of the pictures below, but a girl can dream right?

Anyway, I  know these latest fitness posts won’t interest many of my old readers, so I thought I’d do a little ‘Fit Girl Inspiration’ below as you know, celebrities and all that is kind of in line with what I used to write about.


I know at first glance a lot of people would say Millie is too skinny, but this girl is all about #strongnotskinny if you follow her on any of her social media channels you’ll know she works out like a demon.  I guess she’s just naturally a very slight build, but she’s definitely a muscle machine.


Have you seen that ass?! I follow her and her ‘Fitnesswithlucy’ pages on Instagram, I don’t and never have followed any of the plans but it’s a nice little bit of body aspiration, and a lot of the posts act as a good motivation to get out of bed and do a quick HIIT session (just to note, I have NEVER done that!).


This is some impressive dedication to fitness.  Alice has shared several times pictures of herself a few years ago, and wow has she changed her attitude to fitness and food, and lost a lot of lbs along the way.  Plus she now makes a living out of it (I think?!), and some of the photos of her meals she shares look soooo good, you can’t help but want to whip up a healthy salad rather than eat a big plate of beige… ok I kinda want to eat all the beige food too, but her salads do look good.

Do let me know if you have any fitness junkies (preferably with killer abs) you think I should be following, the more the better.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...