pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Wednesday, 10 August 2016

the challenge - i did it!


So that's it, Total Warrior is done and dusted, I did it, I completed it, and you know what? I only bloody loved it.

It's true, I really did, after 8 months of training, a few days of panic, and a 10k 30 obstacle course ahead of me, I wasn't exactly looking forward to it when it came to Saturday.  I woke up (after a pretty bad night's sleep anyway) early on the day, I did my hair and make up (I know, but there was lots of cameras!) and prepared with a couple of protein weetabix, which was forced down because my stomach was churning.

We arrived about an hour early to have time to register, and get ourselves organised, and then that was it, our wave time was due to go, and there was no turning back.  

The first km was horrendous, talk about breaking you in lightly, it was all about the hills, up, up, and up, then down, then back up, then down, then back up.  If you're a regular reader, you'll know hills are my nemesis.

 
We then had to jump over a row over fire, only for there to be a lovely big pool of muddy water which I managed to fully submerge myself in.  

But then we found our pace, the obstacles were tough, but so much fun, even wading through 4ft of muddy water, swimming through an ice bath and clambering up 10ft walls. 

I needed the loo for a good 3 kilometres, I was pretty peckish half way through, and the water stations couldn't come soon enough.

It's only when you get to around to 8km's that you start to have spectators, and it was such a great point to suddenly see friends and family and hear them cheering you on, and my 4 year old niece running alongside me for a good stretch.


Electric shocks, yet another cargo net, more hills, an epic slide, a tough rope climb, a heavy log carry and the end was in sight.  And that final heave over a wall was the best feeling ever.


3 days later and I'm still suffering with post warrior blues, I can't believe it's all over.  It's by far the best thing I've ever done in my life, and I'm so proud of myself for completing it.  And on top of that., I've raised £2000 for pancreatic cancer.

A well deserved pat on the back, slice of cake, and a few days rest is required! But now I'm starting to think about my next challenge, any suggestions?


2 comments :

  1. MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS! I would never be able to do something like this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is fab! well done, super impressive. I failed badly at my little 5K Gelt Gladiator and didn't do half the obstacles (ugh). So always think its super impressive when people can achieve Total Warrior. A challenge suggestion.... Mark did this last year... http://ratrace.com/dirtyweekend/ the location is stunning, huge party'festival' afterwards, lots of fun! (Well was for me spectating and wandering round Burleigh house all day, probably not so much for Mark! haha). x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...