pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Friday, 30 September 2016

staying hydrated with the dot water bottle

joseph joseph water bottle
joseph joseph water bottle

Every morning, when I arrive at work, I turn my laptop on and then head to the kitchen and get myself a pint of water, and I usually top it up two or three days throughout the day.  I've noticed that I'm one of the few people in my office that actually regularly drinks water, let alone gets through several pints of the stuff.

Also being such a gym bunny, 9 times out of 10, I will have my gym kit with me wherever I'm heading, and if you read last week's post, you'll know that I always carry a bottle of water in that.  So I've always been pretty confident in the knowledge in that I'm getting my 2 litres a day.

The Mr on the other hand isn't so good, if you put a drink in front of him, he'll drink it in seconds, but when he's super busy at work, and getting a drink would mean breaking his concentration to go and grab one means he rarely drinks water throughout the day.  I've always tried to encourage him to drink more, but his theory is that he usually drinks between 4-5 pints in the evening when he's home, so that's plenty!  I'm not totally convinced that dehydrating your body in the day, then flooding it in the evening is quite the best way to do it, but what do I know?

In an attempt to encourage people to drink more, Joseph Joseph have come up with a new fancy water bottle, which enables you to keep track of how much you've drank in a day.  This seemed like the perfect opportunity to put to the test me and the mr, and I was convinced I was going to smash this one.

Joseph Joseph are renown for their innovative products, and I love the concept of this bottle.  It's a straightforward water bottle, with a dot counting system in the lid, every time you re-fill your bottle, you turn the lid to the right, and you move up a dot.  When you've reached number 4, you've hit your daily goal.

So day 1, I got up, filled my bottle, and trotted off to work.  It turns out I perhaps wasn't drinking quite as much in a day as I was convincing myself I was, as finishing one of these seems to take me a lot longer than finishing my pint glass did.  By the end of my working day, I'd barely got through two bottles.  After a full on gym session, a walk home, and an evening in front of the tv, I managed to finish my 4 bottles.

I was feeling pretty pleased with myself, especially when I turned to see the mr was only on dot number 2, and was ready to launch into full 'I told you so' when he explained that actually he was on bottle number 6 and had been smashing through them.  Turns out, when he can be bothered to get himself a drink, he easily gets through them.  He has since admitted though, that the days he's working in the office in London, he barely gets through one bottle.

We've had these bottles for a couple of weeks now, and I've got to admit, it's really made me so much more aware of how much I'm drinking.  If it's lunch time, and I'm still one one dot, then I really make an effort to up how much I'm having.  We carry them with us when we go out for the day, yeh, we're one of those couples with matching water bottles, and I actually think my skin might be looking better because I'm hydrated - that might be a coincidence, but I'm rolling with it for now.

At £10 a pop for water bottle, they're a little more expensive than your average plastic bottle, but, it's not going to break the bank.  Drinking plenty of fluids is pretty vital for your health, especially when you exercise a lot like I do, so if forking out a tenner is going to help keep me healthier, then I think it's well worth it. 

1 comment :

  1. The dot system is SUCH a good idea! Like you said, I always think I'm drinking a fair bit but I'm probably not, and nowhere near 2 litres I should imagine! I love the dot system for keeping on track though to staying hydrated throughout the day - what a bargain at £10 too! Definitely going to pick one up!

    Hayley xo
    www.frockmeimfamous.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...